Thursday, January 10, 2013

What a Good Day.....

Sunny and brittle cold here in Wilton, California today.   Brrrrrr!!!
I had a very fun and funny chat with my middle daughter today.   She can get me going and I laugh till I cry.   Fun times!!!
I dyed some mohair two astonishing shades of turquoise......one a brilliant, beautiful, typical turquoise; the other a sublte, sage kinda grey/green that I only left in the dye bath 15 seconds and then rinsed a LOT.   It's quite beautiful :)  You would never know it came from a brilliant, vibrant, deep turquoise dye.
Photographed COW's little heifer baby......sigh.........just so darn cute and huggable.
Vacumed and rearranged my studio...........got lots of fun sewing ahead.........and always need a cinch in the works.  
I'm on a new touch screen computer and need to get my photos where I can grab them to show you what's new here.  
Fed our hungry, furry critters.
Got a chance to hug my handsome grandsons as they dropped by for a quick hello.
Washed some new fabrics that I was concerned might bleed color a bit........no.........good to go. (I buy only the finest quality cottons for my gorgeous Cowgirl Chic Wild Rags along with awesome shimmering threads to set them off).  In fact, I haunt unique quilting shops for the top of the line sweet fabrics.   They make such beautiful wild rags.
I'm on the hunt for some new silks, too.   My next splurge.
Well, the hot shower is calling my name and I'm on my way......then I just may snuggle down for a movie and snacks :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment